Services Case Studies
PIEE AWS Migration
“We need to help the client migrate five applications to the cloud with minimal interruptions to operations.”
Mission: To further enhance and modernize the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) hosting system.
The PIEE is a DoD-wide complex and critical single-face application for the vendor community to submit and track invoices and receipt/acceptance documents over the Internet. The project supports more than 300,000 users and manages over 20 modules/applications within the site. As a subcontractor to Credence Management Solutions, ArcSource provides program management, technical, and functional support services to the Defense Logistic Agency’s (DLA) PIEE Program Management Office (PMO). The team was tasked with planning and migrating five PIEE applications to a cloud-based hosting solution.
- The client needed to migrate applications to the cloud for increased performance and security.
- Implementation of a new AWS GovCloud environment and migration of applications to support hosting and storage needs.
- Our team needed to manage and maintain the infrastructure and support Agile development processes to provide software development and testing.
- Provided and updated standardized procedures for lifecycle management; Impact Level 5 authorized security; Native Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capabilities; Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC); Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps); Software-as-a-Service (SaaS); Data-as-a-Service (DaaS); and Reference-Architecture-as-a-Service (RaaS) capabilities in one common environment.
- Using an Agile approach, adhering to an aggressive schedule, and with zero impact to operational environments, migrated and currently sustaining the FedMall, CLS, PPML, EDA, and PALT applications.
- Migrated five applications in only 138 days.
- With the support of AWS and its automated migration tool, CloudEndure Migration, as well as DLA stakeholders, DISA, and five system integrators, migrated the five applications that had more than 70 external interfaces, more than 200 Virtual Machines, and more than 300 TB of data almost six weeks ahead of schedule.
- Improved security, infrastructure stability, application performance, and efficiencies in infrastructure management via continuous monitoring and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC).